- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
BAND 3 – Senior Program Manager
BAND 3 – Senior Program Manager – (59248)
Senior Program Manager
Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
Apply your program development and analytical skills
The Policing and Security Branch is part of the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General. The branch assumes responsibility for ensuring the security and economic vitality of British Columbia’s communities through effective policing and security.
Under the Police Service Agreements (PPSA, MPSA & MPUA) between Canada and the Province and the Province and municipalities, the branch is responsible for ensuring responsible financial administration of those agreements in the delivery of effective policing by the RCMP province-wide.
The Sr. Program Manager contributes to the strategy, negotiations, ratification and management of multi-million dollar RCMP provincial and municipal policing agreements, ensuring operational and financial soundness and performance accountability.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline (Criminology, Law, Social Science, Political Science, Public Administration or Business Administration) OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of three years recent, progressively-responsible, related work experience in financial administration of a major program.
- A minimum of three years recent, related experience in policy development, analysis and research.
- Experience working with partners external to government (e.g. other provinces and federal government).
- Experience leading, planning, coordinating and managing complex projects and work assignments.
- Experience creating and delivering executive-level presentations for the purpose of decision making.
- Experience in leadership roles in a stakeholder management environment.
- Preferred related experience in police services or the justice sector.
- Preference may be given to experience leading and overseeing the development and monitoring of Capital Asset Management plans and activities.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: