Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Carpenter
Surrey, British Columbia
• Read blueprints, sketches, and drawings for carpentry projects of all types.
• Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay work.
• Cut or saw boards, timber, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machines.
• Mark cutting lines on material, using pencil or scriber.
• Erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using tools, plumb rule and level.
• Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structure undergoing construction or repairs.
• Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, suing hand tools, nuts and bolts.
• Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails or screws.
• Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges and timbers.
• Keep the job site clean and organized always by putting away their tools and material after use, sweeping up and performing other cleaning tasks.
• Prepare cost assessment for clients.
• Instruct and direct labourers and other construction helpers
• Completion of High School is required.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a Carpenter.
How to Apply
Email: [email protected]