- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Public Guardian and Trustee
Salary: $55,146.26 – $62,850.17 annually
The Public Guardian and Trustee of British Columbia is a corporation sole, created under the Public Guardian and Trustee Act which operates independently under provincial legislation to protect the legal and financial interests of minors; manage the legal, financial, health and personal care interests of adults under mental disability; and administer the estates of deceased and missing persons.
In your role as Case Manager, you deliver a wide range of individualized services to, or on behalf of, vulnerable adults requiring assistance in managing and making decisions in a number of areas. You ensure your clients’ assets are protected from financial abuse and that their finances are directed to meet their daily needs. The position requires a keen understanding of the federal and provincial statutes and Acts informing and affecting service delivery, and consistently sound judgement.
Professional yet supportive, you require skilled decision–making to negotiate the delicate balance between your clients’ rights to self-determination and their best interest. You forge effective working relationships with clients and their family members, with various levels of government, as well as with stakeholders from the wider community in order to execute your role. If you have experience managing a high volume caseload and dealing with sensitive, complex cases, we encourage your application.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A degree in a health related field, social work, law, criminology, psychology, gerontology, sociology, or a related field and a minimum of three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, in an acute or long term care facility, community health care setting, or a social and health care agency making front line case management decisions, treatment decisions or providing advocacy services or rights advice.
- Post graduate degree is preferred.
- Experience effectively managing a high volume of competing priorities regarding complex, sensitive issues.
- Working knowledge of the roles of health, social and other government agencies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by February 23rd 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=38865
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: