First Nations / Métis / Inuit – Commercial Banking Portfolio Manager
4954 Richard Rd SW
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page.
Qualified First Nations / Métis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
Provides exceptional, daily operational service support to grow the Bank’s market share and maximize profitability of client relationships. Ensures client problem resolution is prompt and effective, and that enhancement opportunities are identified and closed or referred during client service interactions. Typically meets client service needs through a pooled call center environment or a dedicated one-on-one relationship with sensitive, complex and/or top tiered clients.
- Actively listens to clients’ concerns and diagnoses clients’ service needs.
- Facilitates timely client problem-resolution, engages cross-functional representatives or groups as appropriate.
- Responds to client concerns in a professional manner to convey ownership, competence, respect for the client relationship.
- Accurately documents client requests using the group’s tracking systems.
- Facilitates action to close gaps between client expectations and client experiences in the performance of the Bank and its products.
- Applies consistent and timely follow ups to demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction and high standards of responsiveness.
- Serves as an advocate for individual clients and escalating issues as necessary to facilitate the timely resolution of service problems.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications.
- Tracks collection of client service fees
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Completes standardized tasks under supervision.
- Performs initial problem solving within given rules/limits & escalates when required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Completed high school education, or equivalent work experience.
- If a Credit Qualifiable job, Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the established qualification standards.
- Basic knowledge learned on the job.
- Verbal & written communication skills – Basic (in business environment).
- Organization skills – Basic (in business environment).
- Collaboration & team skills – Basic (in business environment).
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.