RED ROAD HIV/AIDS NETWORK
Position: Contract – Community Engagement Manager
Term: One year with potential for renewal
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: May 8, 2015
Start Date: May 25, 2015
Compensation: To commensurate based upon experience
The Red Road HIV/AIDS Network is accepting applications for the position of Community Engagement Manager. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position will have the dedicated responsibility of ensuring Red Road achieves their community engagement goals, objectives and benchmarks as detailed in the strategic plan and workplan, in alignment with the BC Ministry of Health’s “From Hope to Health” plan to support Aboriginal people living with or vulnerable to HIV/AIDS.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate weekly presentations, meetings, or dialogues with identified community leaders and stakeholders.
- Research HIV and related issues through existing committees, regional, provincial and national.
- Meet with all Health Authorities on an ongoing basis.
- Engage with the Hope to Health team.
- Engage with First Nations communities as directed and where the identified need or interest is greatest.
- Assist and provide Aboriginal community members living with HIV to participate in community conversations.
- Conduct evaluation activities as directed.
- Facilitate quarterly Renewing our Response Working Group meetings
- Carry out advisory committee activities
- Attend key resource conferences, Aboriginal health and HIV/AIDS conferences.
- Provide ongoing verbal and written activity reports as well as any other report or evaluation template required to be completed.
- Coordination of meetings, including facility, refreshment/honoraria, agenda, minutes and other documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a highly motivated and creative individual. We are seeking candidates who have the following qualifications and experience:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate.
- 2 – 3 years not-for-profit sector experience, preferably in fundraising or community engagement.
- Demonstrated skills in community engagement and building partnerships among stakeholders.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, STIs and related social, political and care issues and their impact on the Aboriginal community.
- Knowledge of issues related to diversity, marginalized populations, population health, and the needs of Aboriginal persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, adaptable, able to respond effectively to quickly changing priorities, sound judgment, organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, team work, organizing, and networking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be personable and able to quickly establish rapport in order to build trusting relationships with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture, tradition and community protocol.
- Ability to analyze, plan, organize and to manage time effectively.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience with recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Computer proficiency, preferably including experience with social media.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to achieve results while maintaining and building effective relationships.
Note: This role is approximately 28 hours per week, with work being delivered primarily from an off-site location provided by the contracted Community Engagement Manager, and also from the Red Road offices at the discretion of the Executive Director. Some flexibility in time will be required for meetings and social functions on behalf of the agency.
Please forward resume, cover letter and references to:
Kim Louie, Executive Director
Red Road HIV/AIDS Network
Suite 61 – 1959 Marine Drive
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3G1
Email: [email protected]
No phone calls please. Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted