STOLAMER CONCRETE is looking for 15 Concrete Forms Carpenters (NOC 7271) to form part of our versatile and integrative service provider based in Port Moody, BC.
Would be required to work at various sites in Lower Mainland, BC.
• Full time permanent job, minimum 40 hours per week.
• Start date: ASAP
• Employment Conditions: Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Weekend
• Be able to work overtime and/or weekends, when required
• Basic English is required
• 1-2 year of experience in carpentry is required (concrete forms carpentry background is an ASSET)
• No degree, certificate or diploma required for this position
• Be physically capable to handle heavy loads, lift at least 50 lbs
• Indoor and outdoor work environment under all weather conditions
• Combines standing for extended hours, bending, crouching and kneeling
• Capacity to understand and take in company standards and procedures
• Self-starter, team worker with outstanding interpersonal skills
• Capable to work with minimal supervision and separately
• Reliable and responsible
• Capable to supervise from 1 to 4 people
• Make mouldings and hardware, fit and install windows, doors and stairs.
• Ability to calculate material requirements and determine specifications
• Interpret blueprints and designs to shape and form structure
• Assemble, cut, shape, join materials of wood, wood substitutes, plywood and other forming materials
• Perform precise measurements
• Operate power tools, build foundations, install floor beams and repair walls and roofs
• Responsible to ensure that the work is complying to the approved contract documents
• Respect and follow safety rules on job site
• Direct and mentor junior workers if needed
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer WILL NOT consider your job application.