Contract Administrator, Full-time (35 hours per week)
The BC Aboriginal Child Care Society (BCACCS) is a Centre of Excellence for Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care (IELCC). We are looking for an IELCC Contract Administrator to support the Society’s contract management process.
Reporting to the IELCC Project Manager, the Administrator will support the Society’s contract management process with the goal of ensuring IELCC funding recipients are able to complete financial contract and reporting requirements promptly and consistently. The Administrator will work independently and communicate with internal and external stakeholders and recipients, forging positive and respectful relationships.
What We Offer
The opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team of people with a broad range of experience and knowledge, and who provide leadership, training, resources, and services to support Indigenous early learning and child care.
- competitive wage of $49,140 – $54,600 per year, commensurate with knowledge and experience
- extended health package upon successful completion of a 90-day probationary period
- participation in a matched pension plan
- 35-hour work week
- learning and professional development opportunities
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Perform accurate and timely funding operations, including: completing final reviews of funding applications; preparing, submitting, and monitoring funding recommendations to the BCACCS Board of Directors; drafting funding agreements and processing signed submissions; scheduling payments; setting up and processing reporting requirements; renewing funding applications; etc.
- Provide administrative support on a day-to-day basis to the IELCC project manager and team
- Track all funding agreements throughout the signatory process and follow-up as required
- In concert with Regional Community Facilitators and IELCC Program Managers, liaise with funding recipients regarding funding requirement details and timelines
- Track funding recipient compliance and report regularly to the IELCC project manager
- Support IELCC project manager, community facilitators, and funding recipients withfunding agreement financial reporting requirements and processes
- Triage information received and ensure email and telephone calls are responded to and/or forwarded to appropriate staff
- Maintain a well-organized funding database, digital filing system, and physical filing system at the provincial office, performing data and file clean-up as necessary
- Engage in training, professional development, and ongoing skill development, including training for the IELCC funding database and the Microsoft suite, as needed
Training, Education, and Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in contract management and/or database administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field is an asset
- Experience working with First Nations in BC (with some knowledge of the early education sector preferred)
- Possess a valid driver’s license, operational vehicle, and willingness to travel occasionally
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of BC First Nations culture, history, and issues coupled with cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, with an approachable and professional attitude
- Excellent computer skills, specifically:
- Advanced word processing skills (Word)
- Advanced spreadsheet knowledge (Excel) including manipulating data, creation of data visualizations, formatting, and formulas
- Experience using a database (Blackbaud products preferred)
- Advanced collaboration tools (Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, and Zoom)
- Intermediate Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer skills, including preparing documents for e-signature and creating fillable PDFs
- Proficient digital file management
- Able to support a high-performing team in a demanding environment by taking initiative, prioritizing needs, and meeting tight deadlines
- Professional-level verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to develop creative solutions
- Sound judgment, the ability to prioritize workload, and able to work with minimum supervision
Work for this position will be performed both remotely from a home-based office and once a week from the West Vancouver Office. Candidates must be available to work during regular business hours of Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.
Closing Date: Open until position filled.
Start date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how you meet requirements and send to [email protected] citing “Application for IECLCC Contract Administrator” in the subject line. All applications must include cover letter and resume as one document in PDF format.
In accordance with section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code and Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, preference will be given to qualified candidates with Aboriginal ancestry.
We thank all those who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.