Title: Coordinator, Client Services Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
Location: Prince George, BC
Employee status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary band: ($41,640 – $52,050 / year) OR ($22.87 – $28.59/ hour)
The Canadian Red Cross, part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, is hiring a Coordinator, Client Services for the Health Equipment Loans Programs (HELP).
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization. At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Do you have a passion for helping others and want to work with other dedicated individuals? Find out if this role is for you now.
As a Coordinator, Client Services you will collaborate with the Manager, Client Services, HELP to support volunteers and staff to provide high-quality service to HELP clients. The Coordinator ensures effective volunteer management practices are implemented throughout the assigned geographic area of Northern BC & Yukon and assists in the promotion of service to the public.
As a Coordinator, Client Services you will:
- Ensure that client services objectives and targets are met; monitor program delivery to ensure high-performance standards and quality control.
- Recruit, train, mentor, supervise and support staff in Client Service Support.
- Oversee the receiving, processing and tracking of client service requests, meeting Red Cross standards for timeliness and quality.
- Develop and implement volunteer retention and engagement activities; Experience Engagement regarding volunteer requirements necessary to achieve program objectives.
- Select, supervise, and coach Lead Client Service volunteers in their role as volunteer supervisors.
- Contribute to and recommend modifications to systems designed to streamline, better secure or otherwise improve service delivery.
- Participate in area HELP Operations Team (HOT), liaising with Equipment Supply and Partner Services colleagues.
- Track financial donations on a site-by-site basis, advising on progress to target and initiating corrective action when required.
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a two (2) year post-secondary diploma with a concentration in a related field
- Minimum of two year of experience managing employees and volunteers, in a service-oriented capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative approach to finding solutions
- Ability to influence and lead others; Proven ability in managing and coaching employees
- Proven customer-service orientation
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Provincial Class 5 driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certification, or willingness to take training
- Fluency in French
- Knowledge and experience working in health programs
- Experience working with a diverse population, and an understanding of cultural issues
- Frequent travel around the region
- Occasional work during non-traditional work hours
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) is required for all positions.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check, and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.