Digital Coach : 00008ISV
Employment Type: Fixed Term – November 2017
Reporting to the RTP Change and Implementation Lead the Digital Coach is primarily responsible for coaching and conducting workshops related to the Retail Transformation Program in a classroom, branch or contact center environment.
Impact on the Business
- To improve the overall Digital knowledge base of frontline staff and to enhance staff confidence when having conversations around Digital with customers by working with branch leaders to provide coaching support to client facing staff
- Support frontline staff in improving client satisfaction, deepening and building the client relationship with HSBC while ensuring we maintain a profitable scale
- Drive market leading standards for conduct and controls in line with HSBC Values and expectations
Customers / Stakeholders
- Effectively deploy coaching techniques to help branch staff learn and grow
- Facilitate in-person and/or remote coaching sessions in groups and/or one-to-one for area(s) of expertise
- Work with the Retail Transformation Program Project team and Heads of Network to identify target audience to coach, the areas for development, and agree upon expected outcomes
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Deliver coaching to up-skill staff on Digital products and services as well as soft skills coaching.
- Proactively implement advanced coaching techniques to motivate and encourage learning and re-enforce application within the work place
- Work with branch managers, and other business support units to facilitate sharing of best practices, monitoring and supporting the strategic business objectives related to Digital offerings
- Work with all areas of HSBC to ensure the consistent global approach
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures of the Group compliance policy and internal controls
- Contribute to HSBC creating and retaining market leading standards and controls
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Degree of uplifting of level of knowledge in Digital in the branch network within the short to medium term
- Continuing change of regulatory environment
- Ability to deliver training in branch setting
- Travelling and working outside branch hours may be required
- HSBC is launching a number of Digital tools and services as part of the Retail Transformation Program and will be introducing many changes to how we interact with customers and promote alternate channels. The role of the Digital Coach is to support our frontline in coping with these changes, and the help develop their skills further by applying knowledge and skills in the context of the roles they perform.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess and manage the operational risks associated with the role and inherent to the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, the impact of new technology, and compliance.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators. HSBC expects to be a global leader in this area and therefore every employee will seek to set market-leading standards.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
Experience and Qualifications
- You will be required to travel for this role
- Detailed knowledge of Digital offerings and services
- Deep understanding of businesses, regulatory and industry issues, as well as local competitors
- Risk awareness, including systems, controls and processes relevant to Branch / Contact Centre roles
- Understanding of customer information and privacy
- Experience in coaching, training techniques, methods, evaluation
- Background working in a range of regulated financial sector institutions
- Detailed regional knowledge of HSBC Branch and Contact Centre operations – in order to use metaphors, stories, and examples to enhance the learning and broaden the learning experience
- Ability to speak / understand Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset.
- Strong coaching and influence skills
- Ability to effectively lead, coach and motivate staff
- Good communication and relationship with the areas
- Ability to bring Digital topics to life through interactive workshops/briefings in order to maximize student learning
- Ability to broaden discussion by encouraging issues to be viewed from different perspectives, and in using metaphors, stories, and examples to enhance learning
- Ability to work with Contact Centre and Branch based audiences
- Empathetic approach towards delegate needs and aspirations
Professional Qualifications and Achievements
- University / College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience in banking or related industry.
Job Field : Retail / Branch Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 31-Jan-2017, 14:43:05 Unposting Date : 10-Feb-2017, 02:59:00