Executive Administrative Assistant
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this challenging position
The role of the Gender Equity Office is to support the new Parliamentary Secretary for Gender Equity to fulfill her mandate.
As the Executive Administrative Assistant, you will provide administrative services to the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) Gender Equity.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:.
- Completion of secondary school, plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years (preferably more years) experience working in an office that requires organizing calendars, handling confidential information, managing records, assisting with budget preparation and managing contracts.
- Experience working with MS Office including preparing PowerPoint presentations, using Outlook, drafting documents in Word, preparing financial spreadsheet.
- Preference may be given to those who possess the following:
- Completion of a certificate in office administration or another related field.
- Some financial experience and/or experience managing contracts.
- Education and/or demonstrated experience (can include volunteer) with issues related to gender equity.
- Experience with electronic correspondence tracking systems and/or maintaining electronic calendars.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.