POSITION DESCRIPTION: The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is the key management leader of the 2 Spirits in Motion Society Inc. (2SiMS). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include human resources, overseeing project completion, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS: Full-time, permanent remote position available immediately. Great Benefits package, and Salary range: $85,000 -$100,000, to be determined based on experience, skills and education or training.
- Related training and experience with be considered, and a bachelor’s degree in a relevant management field.
- Certificate in Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) is an asset.
- 5 or more years senior non-profit management experience.
- Experience navigating, networking, and supporting National Indigenous/Gender/Sexuality projects.
- Working in the 2SLGBTQQIA+ sector on a provincial, territorial or national level.
- Ability to manage organization remotely, using communication, financial software and technology.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership, strategic thinking and planning.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors in a not-for-profit setting.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to members, volunteers, funders and the overall community.
- Demonstrated skills in policy, program, research and training development.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including strong public speaking ability.
- Ability to speak and/or write in both official languages will be a definite asset.
2 SPIRIT AND INGIDENOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE. The position will require a security clearance check. Only those candidates offered an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to Dale Ahenakew, Co-Chair of the 2SIMS Board of Directors at email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 12:00 Midnight CST
To Apply or for further information please visit 2SIMS website: www.2spiritsinmotion.com