Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Are you ready to take the next step in your Retail Branch Banking career? Have you built a solid foundation of retail banking knowledge and skills and want the challenge of managing your own portfolio of customers? Are you looking for a company with a solid training program and is committed to your career development? If you answered YES to these questions, then Scotiabank is where you want to be!
As a member of your branch sales team you are responsible for contributing to your branch’s overall success by meeting negotiated goals through effective management of your assigned portfolio of customers. Leading with a financial planning approach you will identify opportunities and recommend strategies that best meet the customers’ immediate and future financial needs. Your defined goals will include sales targets and non-financial objectives related to teamwork, customer service, operational and compliance requirements, and personal development.
You will provide personable, efficient, straightforward and knowledgeable service throughout your daily interactions with all customers and bank employees to foster relationships of mutual trust, respect and confidence.
Canadian Banking provides a full suite of financial advice and solutions, supported by an excellent customer experience, to over 7.5 million personal and business customers across Canada through 1,037 branches, over 3,488 automated banking machines, as well as Internet, mobile and telephone banking, specialized sales teams, and third party.
* Proven success in achieving sales targets,
* Holds self-accountable to high levels of customer service with a focus on maintaining and building strong customer relationships,
* Advanced knowledge of retail banking products and services: Day to Day Banking, Borrowing and Creditor Insurance, Self Service banking and Investments,
* You are highly organized and results oriented with demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a constantly changing environment,
* IT literacy
* Strong personal ethics.
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
* You have a College or University diploma/degree,
* You are required to have successfully completed a qualifying course of study that will enable registration with the provincial securities commission to obtain a license to sell mutual funds,
* Committed to work towards the successful completion of the CIFP Registered Financial and Retirement Advisor Course -Bank Funded (or Bank recognized equivalent),
* Commitment to the completion of Continuing Education courses and activities.
* Successful candidates must be mobile within the Port Alberni area for training and placement.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE