Title: Journeyman Millwright
Job Requisition ID: 278430
Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada, V3W 4M8
Category: BUILD OPERATE MAINTAIN (PLANT OPNS)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
Cargill helps feed, 400 million people every year. Cargill Animal Nutrition is a leading nutrition provider for commercial animal agriculture across 24 countries. Our successful 100+ history is a result of our commitment toward a culture and values centered on customer focus and enrichment of people and communities. Our offerings are developed to meet and exceed customers’ needs; from accounting to agri-business management, marketing to risk management and sales consulting to plant operations. Cargill has a job that to meet your interests and goals. Our global career opportunities are as far reaching as our business.
To ensure through planned maintenance, vigilant inspections and expeditious repairs, the smooth uninterrupted and safe operation of the production plant in order to minimize production downtime.
Shift: This is a Monday to Friday 8 hr day shift with possible over time when and may be required.
Compensation: Hourly. Well-rounded company pension package including pension after the probation period.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment or processes in order to facilitate production
- Maintain, repair and overhaul plant production equipment, building and grounds
- Provide quick response to trouble calls by shift supervisors and or operators/technicians
- Assist Operating Engineers in maintenance of plant utilities
- Perform Weekly Preventive Maintenance Walkthroughs / Inspections / and Repairs on production equipment as necessary
- Ability to put into Practice, corrective actions to effectively address reliability issues related to the above area
- Person should be willing to get trained in the following areas, airborne ultrasound, thermography
- Ability to take direction from supervisors and coworkers
- Support projects include working on a project team in the design, installation and commissioning
- Maintain complete & accurate records of shift logs, maintenance inspections and meter readings
- Ensure smooth, efficient communication to the next team at shift changes
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Participate collaboratively in process improvement teams as required
- Any other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- BC/Interprovincial Trade Certification required
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling and pounding with hammer.
- Work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work under special work conditions such as extreme heat or cold
- Ability to understand and communicate in English /verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including welding, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Forklift experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in production related work
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to operate machinery
Considered candidates will receive calls from a 204 area code. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.