- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Leader, Physician Engagement
Leader, Physician Engagement
|Date||August 14, 2020|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Category||Business / Management|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Leader, Physician Engagement
Interior Health is looking for a Leader, Physician Engagement to join our vibrant team in Kelowna, B.C.! If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities and develop your leadership skills, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Leader, Physician Engagement plans, organizes and controls all activities associated with key strategic and operational priorities within the Department. The Leader manages multiple complex initiatives simultaneously using a project management approach and works collaboratively with all Medicine & Quality teams and stakeholders to advance organizational culture and development including physician engagement, medical leadership development, and medical staff resource planning. The successful candidate will be involved in the design of studies and evaluation plans, literature reviews, development and analysis of economic models, and the preparation and dissemination of results to multiple stakeholders.
Experienced in medical staff engagement, the Leader recognizes the complexities of leading change with a diverse group. This position is complex due to the inherent unique characteristics of medical staff culture and their position as independent contractors. Furthermore, the environment in which medical staff practice adds layers of complexity due to the influence of many external factors such as the role of Doctors of BC, the Joint Clinical Committees, the influence of the Ministry of Health and the Physician Master Agreement. The Leader develops, fosters, and maintains strong collaborative working relationships with and among the Medical Affairs leadership, Executive Medical Directors, senior Interior Health leaders and external partners.
This is a temporary full time position until approximately August 4, 2021 or return of the incumbent. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Collaborates and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders as required to produce deliverables for assigned initiatives and projects, based on project requirements that are high quality and are on time and on budget.
• Responsible to create engagement, communication and implementation plans to engage multiple stakeholders for the duration of project(s). Communicates with senior executives and other stakeholders regarding status as required.
• Responsible for all aspects of project development and implementation and provides a single point of contact. Takes project from original concept through final implementation including negotiation responsibility. Defines project scope, objectives and implementation plan, identifying project risks and creates a risk mitigation plan.
• Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Leads project meetings and is responsible for tracking and reporting on implementation progress according to planned milestones and outcomes and follows up to ensure implementation is complete. Identifies and ensures the expedited resolution to problems or barriers to enable successful project/change completion.
• Develops specific evaluation criteria, performance measures, definitions, and evidence to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis in collaboration with project/program leads and other stakeholders.
• Develops and implements research studies, including cost-effectiveness analyses, return-on-investment modelling, and policy evaluations to support resource allocation decisions and ensure alignment with organizational goals, objectives, and strategic priorities
• Leads projects to improve physician engagement within the Medicine & Quality portfolio. Ensures physician engagement initiatives are completed in a timely manner and result in quantifiable improvements.
• Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
• Provides technical and analytical guidance to members of the project team.
• Collaborates and supports management efforts and plans throughout the various stages of the change implementation, providing appropriate resources and tools where necessary. As required, coordinates working groups to identify, plan for, and resolve critical issues and follow through on change management related topics and initiative needs.
• Defines and is responsible for all aspects of system support coordination and service requirements for the project. Plans, provides and monitors these services to ensure the negotiated levels have been met.
• Develops strategy and work plan for prototype testing and phased-in implementation if required across Interior Health in the context of the overall project plan.
• Ensures stakeholders remain engaged, supportive and involved with the project.
• Utilizes standard Project Management tools, methodologies and templates for tracking and reporting progress.
• Plans and executes handover to operational support at the conclusion of the project.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
• A Master’s degree in a health-related field, economics, project management, or business management which includes course work in evaluation design, statistical analysis, and business case development. Experience in applied health economic evaluation would be a strong asset.
• Five to seven years of recent, related experience in managing complex projects, facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
• Equivalencies of training, education, or experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, working with the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK methodology. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset.
• Experience working collaboratively and successfully with physicians and medical leaders is preferred.
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: