Licensed Crown Land Opportunities Specialist
Salary $65,902.62 – 82,312.26 annually
The position is located in Fort St. John. Other locations across Northern British Columbia may be considered.
This position is also posted as a STO 30 under REQ 39166
The Licensed Crown Land Opportunities Specialist position is the champion, designer and promoter of major development on and disposition of Crown land. They are the first point of contact with many external stakeholders including but not necessarily limited to real estate investment, development, financing, consulting and marketing sectors, First Nations, local governments, and special interest and advisory groups for the North Area. They are also the key link on Crown land opportunities across the Ministries linking together the many interests and opportunities intersecting Crown land.
The Crown Land Opportunities Specialist manages the development, implementation and evaluation of major Crown Land disposal projects. The Manager takes the project from original concept through to final completion, makes decisions on project priorities, minimizes constraints and risks, and builds relationships and partnerships, all to generate and optimize opportunities from Crown land dispositions.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered, or eligible for immediate registration, with a relevant British Columbia professional (i.e. Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists).
- Experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders, including leading First Nations and stakeholder engagement and consultation sessions.
- Experience in directing the work for other project managers, professional employees, and/or consultants.
- Experience in budget management and procurement.
- Experience in negotiation conflict resolution.
- Preference may be given to candidates with five or more years of natural resource related experience;
- Preference may be given to applicants with two or more years of experience in real estate, either in transactions, institutional lending or appraisals, or other relevant industry experience.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by February 27th 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=39167