Job ID: 262825
Date posted: 03/10/2023
Location: Surrey, Canada
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
How would you like to become part of a World Class Maintenance Team working in a World Class Manufacturing Environment!
- Shift: This is a Rotating 12 hr day/night shift. One week days and one week nights within a 3 week cycle and 5 days off in between.
- Monitor, maintain, repair, and upgrade plant Automation and Electrical equipment and networks within the boundaries of budget to ensure process continuity including: PLC’s, HMI’s, servers, switches/hubs, MCC, Motor, VFD, Instruments, UPS and PC’s.
- Champion support and role model food and operations safety programs and practices in partnership with EHS and Operations Management
- Plan Automation and Electrical work requests
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 55lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- BC (Red Seal) or Inter-Provincial 309A/442A Electrician’s Certificate (Fully licensed)
- Must be able to perform electrical maintenance trade
- Experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Forklift certified
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Able to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- Prior experience in Production Machinery related work in the food industry.
This full time position is located in Surrey, BC; however please expect receiving calls from a 204-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.