Title: Maintenance Millwright
Job Requisition ID: 276973
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V7L 1A7
Category: BUILD OPERATE MAINTAIN (PLANT OPNS)
The Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing, and distributing grains and oilseeds, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe!
As a Maintenance Mechanic you are responsible for daily completion of production processes within a work area, operational department, operational support area, or technical domain. You need to ensure that areas of responsibilities meet BU/Plant standards for safety, quality, efficiency and financial performance.
Perform general maintenance work to install and maintain process equipment and structures, has a basic knowledge of and ability to complete welding, pipe fitting, pump work, machinery, heating and plumbing, etc. This work requires knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to dealing with general repair work.
Perform tasks by applying skills and knowledge of one or more products, processes, areas or machines. Have a thorough understanding of the process, work flow and works on assignments where judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Shift(s) Available: Day & Afternoon
- Completing preventative, predictive, reactive, and precision industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various components and systems including conveyors, fans, pumps, belt and chain drives, and process machinery
- Documenting all completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, pneumatic tools, electric tools, as well as lifting/rigging equipment
- Operating forklifts, scissor lifts, and aerial work platforms
- Interacting on a regular basis with peers and management
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Possess a Red Seal Mechanical Trade certification
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Must be willing to work from heights, in confined spaces, and other industrial conditions
- Experience with precision maintenance
- At least 1 year of industrial maintenance experience
- Experience with pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems
- Basic computers use and typing skills
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.