About the hospital
Maillardville Animal Hospital in Coquitlam, BC provides veterinary care for all creatures great and small. We are a dedicated group of caring and passionate individuals who strive to provide quality care to our clients. Whether it is for routine preventive care, a surgical procedure, a serious health issue or treatment of an injury, we treat our client’s pet as we would one of our own.
Currently we are hiring a full-time and permanent “Medical Administrative Assistant” for our hospital. The candidate must be a team player who is friendly, patient, and enthusiastic with clients and their pets and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. It is essential that they possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; can multitask; and have a high attention to detail.
Company Legal Name: Vinayak Holdings Ltd.
Company Business Name: Maillardville Animal Hospital
Position: Medical Administrative Assistant
Number of positions: 1
Terms of employment: Full Time, Permanent
Wages: $23.50 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Business & work location: 1119 C, Austin Avenue, Coquitlam, BC, V3K3P4
• Organize and manage data by ensuring all medical records are organized & properly encoded in the system, document linking and billing.
• Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages with staff.
• Interview patients for completing forms, documents, and case histories.
• Explain nature of procedures and discuss treatment goal with patients.
• Supervise cleanliness, orderliness, daily operations, and workflow.
• Answer incoming phone calls and redirecting them, as necessary.
• Follow-up on patients that have not returned for appointments.
• Maintain confidential medical files and records.
• Order hospital supplies and maintain inventory.
• Completion of secondary school
• Minimum one year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Applicant must be fluent in English
How to apply
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we ask that you submit your resume through email at [email protected]
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply including aboriginals, newcomers, and youth. We thank all of you for applying!