Title: Medical Equipment Technician, Site Coordinator
Location: Cranbrook – Southern Interior region, BC, Canada
Employment status: Permanent, Full time
Salary band: ($37,348 – $46,685 /year ) OR ( $20.52 – $25.65/ hour)
The CRC also offers:
- Vacation, paid holidays, life and mental health wellness days
- Benefits and Advantages Health, Dental & Vision, 100% employer paid
- Registered Pension Plan with Employer contribution
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees that include: professional counseling and online wellbeing resources, support for family, financial, career and legal issues and more Access to e-learning platforms
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Medical Equipment Technician, Site Coordinator to join in the Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) for the office in Cranbrook, BC.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Medical Equipment Technician, Site Coordinator to support HELP operation at the distribution center; you will work with the Medical Equipment Distribution Supervisor (ESA) supporting volunteers and being responsible for the reprocessing, inspection, repair and delivery of basic mobility and bathing equipment. Additionally, this position will support Facility, Fleet and Health and Safety operational needs.
As a Medical Equipment Technician, Site Coordinator, you will:
- Clean and disinfect health equipment, according to standards
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and carry out repairs, following manufacturer’s specifications
- Document repairs and maintains up-to-date equipment records in an inventory management system
- Provide training and support to volunteers regarding equipment reprocessing
- Liaise with volunteers at client service sites to manage equipment replenishment.
- Transport equipment between HELP sites.
- Ensure facilities are kept in safe working order and Occupational Health and Safety (OH+S) regulations are adhered to.
What we are looking for:
- Completion of Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of job-related work experience with repair/mechanical experience, truck driving delivery, client services, volunteer management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 lbs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to identify, analyze, solve problems and prioritize in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- OH&S facility-related inspection training or willingness to take training
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years (or required to take within probationary period)
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- 35 Hour work week Monday to Friday, maybe sole employee at assigned site.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries between HELP sites, which can be up to 75% of the day.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) is required for all positions.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.