Full-time (35 hours per week)
The BC Aboriginal Child Care Society (BCACCS) is a Centre of Excellence for Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care (IELCC). We are looking for an Office Manager/Receptionist to complete our team and provide administrative support from our West Vancouver office.
If you are a dedicated and experienced business administration professional and are interested in working with a great team dedicated to supporting Indigenous children, families, and communities, we look forward to hearing from you.
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Operations, the Office Manager/Receptionist ensures the organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and reputation by upholding administrative procedures and being the key public facing contact at the West Vancouver office.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with BCACCS policies, standards, practices and procedures, main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reception and front desk duties (e.g., visitor greeting, answer phone, greet visitors, mail, shipping/receiving, etc.)
- Office Management (e.g., record keeping, minutes taking, equipment, IT liaison, supplies, etc.) HR Support (e.g., onboarding support, personnel files, benefits coordinator, etc.)
- Executive support (director’s meetings, management meetings, support management team, etc.
- Special projects and additional duties (e.g., event planning, etc.)
Training, Education and Experience
- Post-secondary program (Certificate or Diploma) in a related field (e.g., Office or Business Administration, Human Resources).
- 3-5 years of prior experience in office administration, preferably in an Indigenous non-profit, with 2-3 years working at an Executive Assistant level supporting senior management. Experience working with a Board of Directors or elected representatives an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional office administration skills
- Effectively implement policies and systems to streamline and optimize processes
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills including inter-office memoranda and reporting
- Adept at planning, coordinating and solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as working within a collaborative team framework
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Suite
- Genuine respect for Indigenous culture and protocols.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Occasional travel to attend meetings or training is required. Must reside in the lower mainland. Must be available to work during regular business hours of Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time. Successful applicants must follow established BCACCS Code of Conduct, agree to a criminal record check, adhere to BCACCS COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy and Provincial Health Office COVID-19 Guidelines, and be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Salary range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. There is also an extended health plan and pension plan available after a three-month probationary period.
Closing date: This position will close once suitable candidate is found
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how you meet requirements and send to [email protected] citing “Application for Office Manager/Receptionist” in the subject line. All applications must include cover letter and resume as one document in PDF format.
In accordance with section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code and Section 15 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, preference will be given to qualified candidates with Aboriginal ancestry.
We thank all who apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.