Operations Specialist I (1 year fixed term contract) : 00008BE1
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Completes a broad range of complex and specialized operational duties within an assigned area(s) of the Company, ensuring timely completion and compliance with established internal standards and external regulations.
Impact on the Business
- Resolves unusual issues, investigating their source to minimize or eliminate further occurrences.
- Complete research and compile material for management to render recommendations.
- Provides support to correct identified problems, including work simplification, process design and workflow reorganization.
- May reconcile and balance accounts, verify accuracy of computation and resolve discrepancies.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Completes a broad range of complex processing, operational, customer service and/or accounting-related specialized duties in support of assigned area(s).
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Maintains appropriate records of activity and may assist in development and maintenance of procedural and/or training manuals.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensures activities comply with pertinent internal standards and external regulations.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Credit Services – complete accurate and timely update and maintenance of collateral security documents and records, registration of new and renewed security in the largest branches; accurate report control weakness and security deficiencies; follow up renew of commercial fire insurance coverage; provide support to correct identified problems including work simplification and process design; and/or review or examine all security documents and advise RM of discrepancies, update on receipt or payment to system; manage broad range of complex security documents; prepare forms for new/renewed, obtain renewal of cover; calculate more complex margining; monitor and perform action independently on report to support CMB teams (i.e., large/CIB/Real Estate Loan Portfolio Exposure Report, OSFI Credit Review Report, Credit Grade 4 Report); perform special cleanup projects; independently resolve unusual issues through investigation and liaison with RM; prepare security documents on behalf of RMs.
- Customer Services – undertake all aspects of personal/commercial credit, investment and account servicing; support personal/commercial financial sales and relationship management processes and to promote referrals of subsidiary products and services offerings; demonstrates salesmanship, solicits multi-service relations and new business by effectively delivering “Faster, Smarter, Friendlier” personalized full service banking to customers.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive Senior Operations Assistant experience or equivalent.
- Associates degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven organizational, planning, analytical, problem-solving, customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Knowledge of operational policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as operate pertinent office equipment.
- French language speak/write and Accounting background would be an asset
- MS Excel knowledge is required
Job Field : Operations
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 29-Nov-2016, 16:07:55 Unposting Date : 03-Dec-2016, 23:59:00