Title: Packaging Technician
Job Requisition ID: 280615
Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada, V3W 4M8
Category: BUILD OPERATE MAINTAIN (PLANT OPNS)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well as individual farmers. Our business has provided better nutrition for better lives for more than 120 years. By leading, innovating, and transforming the animal nutrition & health industry, we ensure that the customers we serve, the animals we feed, and the consumers who rely on that protein, thrive.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Job Type: Full Time
Shift Available: Rotating (day and night shift)
- Use label data base to ensure labels are printed correctly
- Complete shift tally form and all related forms accurately during and at end of each shift
- Ensure feed is bagged according to targets (+/- .07kg/bag)
- Ensure correct labels are on finished bags, skids and bulk bags
- Check finished product for QA problems and report to lead extruder operator and / or production manager
- Adjust packaging machines to minimize downtime and feed wastage
- Report to and take direction from lead extruder operators / shift leads on shift regarding all packaging and production issues
- Ensure that wrapped pallets/bulk bags are stored in area of warehouse or loaded onto trailers as designated by warehouse personnel
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice.
- Experience operating mobile equipment such as forklifts
- Prior experience in production related work
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.