Reconciliation Canada is seeking a sophisticated, and highly motivated Partnerships Manager to lead and grow Reconciliation Canada Initiatives’ national fundraising activities. The Manager will be a proactive, team-oriented individual with a passion for the mission of Reconciliation Canada. S/he will be responsible for all fundraising initiatives, and will manage one to two fundraising professionals in a support role. This individual will grow and diversify corporate and community partnerships at a national level by thinking creatively about prospect identification, as well as by leveraging senior leaders and existing relationships to attract and engage new partners in mutually beneficial, meaningful partnerships.
Position Type: 5 Months Contract (with possibility of extension), flexible (30 hours per week)
Location: Reconciliation Canada Office at 1999 Marine Drive, North Vancouver
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations
Deliverables & Duties
• Design and implement RC’s national fundraising strategy for raising long-term support from government, foundation, corporate, individual and community partners to support initiatives including National Thought Table, Reconciliation Leadership Training, Economic Reconciliation.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of effective cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and development of communications strategies in order to maintain sustainable partnerships across Canada
• Conduct prospect identification and qualification; collaborate with RC senior leaders, advisors and key volunteers to identify and engage new funding partners
• Monitor trends in target communities/regions and adapt development strategies as necessary, initially in British Columbia, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, Nunavut and New Brunswick
• Work with the CEO and Senior Director of Operations to negotiate and close partnership agreements with prospective funding partners
• Mentor and motivate a fundraising professional to achieve goals and build strong partner relationships
• Work collaboratively across RC to understand immediate and long-term needs, to develop strategic fundraising communication materials, and to instill a strong culture of philanthropy
• Monitor and evaluate fundraising activities to ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved
• Exhibit respect for, and excellent service to, partners and all supporters of RC through prompt, courteous, and informative communication
• Actively engage key stakeholders in fundraising activities and work with them to demonstrate the importance of philanthropy in sustaining Reconciliation Canada
• Maintain positive relationships with current partners and stakeholders
• Steward a strong culture based on our core values and reflective of our commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
• Support the team with additional duties as required
Skills & Experience
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive, national partnerships and fundraising experience to grow and further develop an initiative on a national level that has already made significant impact in BC. The successful candidate will partner with the CEO and work collaboratively with a high-performance staff team.
Specific requirements include:
• Minimum Bachelor degree with at least 7 years of experience, including in a non-profit organization, with a successful fundraising record
• A broad knowledge of partnership development, including all aspects of fundraising with a strong background in effective grant writing, developing positive relationships with partner contacts and program officers, and securing large grants from large and small foundations, government ministries, corporations and philanthropists
• Demonstrated experience building national funding partnerships
• Ambitious, innovative and collaborative approach to partnership strategies and practices
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with coworkers, partners, prospects and high-net-worth partners; must have especially strong written, oral, and listening skills
• Strong planning and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to achieve goals in a timely manner
• Experience managing and mentoring staff desirable
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
• Demonstrated talent for understanding, respecting and supporting diversity
• Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Willing to travel to target communities as required, initially in BC, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, Nunavut and New Brunswick
• Must be able to provide his/her own tools and space, under requirements
Reconciliation Canada values diversity and is an organization that is welcoming of all cultures, educational backgrounds, age, gender, sexual orientation, abilities and disabilities. As an Aboriginal led organization, we recognize and celebrate the diversity of all peoples, and promote cultural competencies of each employee.
We are committed to respecting diversity within our workforce and specifically to increasing the number of Aboriginal employees within our organization. As preference may be given to qualified Aboriginal applicants, we ask that they self-identify in our recruitment and staffing processes.
To apply, please send your Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected] by Friday, July 17th, 2015