- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Pharmacy Technician
|Date||January 13, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Location||Williams Lake, BC|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
Community :WILLIAMS LAKE
Facility :CARIBOO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Do you have your Pharmacy Technician certificate and registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia?
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
We are actively seeking casual Pharmacy Technician to join our team working at both our Williams Lake (Cariboo Memorial) and 100 Mile House hospitals as required. Work will consist of on-call and/or blocks of shifts to cover sick time and/or scheduled leaves between the hours of 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
As a registered Pharmacy Technician, you will operate in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
- Receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
- Prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
- Transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
- Enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
- Maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12 and graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program.
- Current practicing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: