Company: First Choice Maintenance Inc.
Business information: We are a self-performing company operating through a network of fully licensed Tradesmen. As a fully integrated commercial building maintenance solution, we offer diverse knowledge and a hands-on approach in maintaining small or large-scale facilities to single or multiple facilities optimizing the maximum value and functionality of commercial property.
Business Address: 1999 Savage Road Unit 148, Richmond, BC, V6V 0A5
Work Location: Multiple locations throughout Vancouver Island (50 stores)
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Instruct apprentices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Represent the company in a professional and courteous manner on each call, keeping customer-service at the forefront
- Diagnose on-site problems, continual value-added communication, and proper maintenance with the customer
- Work in cooperation with other trades and labourers to ensure that all specifications, legislation/policies are met, and to ensure efficient completion of any project
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements
- Train (supplied by IGC) in water filtration
- Small equipment repair
- May be required to assist in some handyman tasks
- Drive to job sites to perform job duties
-Education: Completion of high school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in plumbing is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate OR completion of a four-to five-year apprenticeship program is required.
-Heavy lifting may be required up to 50 lbs. (23kg)
-Driver’s license is required.
-Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position.
-Must have very strong communication skills with ability to go above and beyond.
-Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
-Computer Skills and mobile applications skills are a great asset
-Able to quote and complete projects in a timely manner.
Work site environment: Confined spaces, Wet/damp.
Personal Suitability: Team player, Client focus, Accurate.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Work under pressure, Handling heavy loads, Hand-eye co-ordination, Large workload, Bending, Crouching, Kneeling.
Language: English is required
Salary: $34.00 to $35.00 per hour, 40 – 45 hours per week.
Benefits: Extended medical insurance after 3 months. Cellphone, credit card and vehicle provided. Travel expenses will be covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Flexibility on schedule is required. We offer our services 24/7. Schedule is Monday to Sunday with 2 days off on a rotational basis. Shifts are usually from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM or 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM but they may vary depending on our business’ needs. On call work might be needed. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Apply by mail to: 1999 Savage Road Unit 148, Richmond, BC, V6V 0A5
****Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Plumber****