Destination Canada is looking for a Procurement Coordinator to join our team in Vancouver as we inspire travellers to explore Canada.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Global Procurement and Environmental Programs, the individual provides project coordination, analytics and administrative support to the Procurement team on major, ongoing and ad hoc projects and programs to meet the department’s goals and objectives.
Destination Canada strives to be an agile organization that responds to a fast-paced industry. The individual will require the skills and personal attributes to support this goal.
Note: The successful candidate will be working under Destination Canada’s Hybrid Working Model. This model requires all employees to work 2-3 days/week in the office in Vancouver. The remainder of the work week can be spent working from a home office.
General Procurement Duties:
- Provides exceptional customer service to Destination Canada staff in accessing procurement services
- Prepares and maintains files, archives files according to records management policies
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of procurement templates, policies and procedures and other related documents
- Monitors and responds to business unit inquiries through the procurement inbox
- Updates procurement content on the intranet and is the intranet super-user for the Procurement Team
- Supports Destination Canada’s business units, both domestic and international, to submit requests for contractor requirements.
- Contractor maintenance
- Business analytics and reporting
- Project support
- General administration
EDUCATION: Degree or certificate from a recognized institute in Supply Chain Management, Legal administrative support or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
EXPERIENCE: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- 2 years’ experience with an ERP system (SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, People Soft, Workday, etc.)
- 2 years’ experience in providing administrative, financial and project support services
- Experience in preparing and editing information products, presentations, and reports.
- Experience in managing multiple initiatives/activities simultaneously
- Recent experience in a project environment
- Significant experience in using Microsoft Office Suite at an advanced level (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with an electronic procurement (e-procurement) system like SAP Ariba, Bonfire, Coupa, Procurify, etc., an asset
HOW TO APPLY
For more details about what we need and how to apply, please visit our Careers section at https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/careers and click on “Career Listings”. The deadline for this competition is December 12, 2023. Please note in your application where you learned about this competition.