- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Regulatory Transformation Manager : 00008CGS
Regulatory Transformation Manager : 00008CGS
Employment Type: Regular
The role holder is responsible for the regional implementation of Global CMB strategy and the delivery of key projects. The role holder is expected to assist in providing subject-matter expertise related to the functioning of specific teams within CMB Asia Pacific, to support the broader program and the key workstreams within that. The role holder is also expected to represent the business’ interests in the design and implementation of key workstreams and to take an active part in the analysis and proposal development process.
The role holder will be responsible for specific key deliverables, managing virtual teams of analysts and functional experts in order to achieve them.
Impact on the Business
- Leads the development, assessment and implementation of strategic/transformation initiatives across the business.
- Ensures strategic alignment of ASP CMB (including Hong Kong) with Global, Regional and Country Program imperatives
- Ensures effective communication and understanding of the strategic transformation/agenda across key stakeholder groups
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensures close and effective working relationships with key stakeholders across GCMB, ASP and Country CMB (senior management, Business lines/segments); HTS (IT, Change Delivery, Service delivery); Global functions (e.g. Risk, Marketing, Finance); Group Corporate Structuring
- Drive cross business collaboration to ensure strategy alignment and enhance efficiency.
- Establishes effective mechanisms for sharing best practices to enable a consistent approach and appropriate escalation of information to senior management
- Act as a center of expertise for implementation of key strategic projects, including ensuring delivery to high standards, world class governance, effective engagement of key stakeholders and promotion of collaboration and application of best practices across CMB
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead, motivate and inspire the stakeholders/project team to achieve the Group strategy and business objectives
- Share knowledge, experience and best practices within and outside of immediate team
- Promote a collective culture to spread experience & best practice.
- Live the Group Values.
- Visible CMB champion to ensure that key objectives and regional activities/ initiatives are prioritized appropriately within CMB, the region and respective countries
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Implements key governance mechanisms to ensure strategic initiatives are robust, aligned and effectively delivered including management of business case preparation, review and approval process.
- Reviews impacts of projects on the business and ensures compliance across all functions and processes.
- Ensure appropriate management and utilization of regional/country resources to ensure maximum benefit.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Implementing workstreams in a timely manner through effective interaction with multiple, diverse and senior stakeholders against a backdrop of diverse businesses and current challenging political and regulatory environments can be a challenge. The role holder is expected to work effectively and successfully across a matrix environment to influence senior stakeholders, segments, products and other customer groups.
- The role holder is required to possess a strong strategic mindset and analytical skills whilst maintaining a deep understanding of specific areas within the CMB business. The role holder needs to be able to quickly analyze complex situations, be dynamic and positive to embrace differences across countries with diverse business environments, regulations and competition, identify practical strategies and must act as a trusted partner to the broader program team.
- Business and customer needs of a wide range of customers (from micro businesses to MMEs with diverse needs and sophistication) must be taken into consideration while proactively balancing CMB strategic goals with available resources. The role holder would need to be flexible and provide support to evolve the program approach and proposals to minimize adverse impact and maximize potential benefits to the business from this regulatory change program.
- CMB is one of the fastest growing businesses in the Bank and a key success story for the Group. Despite the ongoing challenging global and regional economic circumstances, the business continues to present a resilient performance. Going forward, CMB is keen to deliver on its strategy to attract the right customers who benefit from our international connectivity and strengthen our reputation as the leading international trade and business bank. A key priority will be driving balance sheet and revenue growth while maintaining absolute focus and execution of Global Standards, Risk & Compliance to ensure that our conduct matches our values.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of HSBC customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. They will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring; additionally by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Specific subject matter expertise and experience working within part of the CMB business
- Strategic awareness and commercial acumen
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment especially in the financial services sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to influence senior teams
- Ability to lead, motivate other senior stakeholders, managers across a wide range of strategic initiatives and agendas
- Highly developed communication, presentation and influencing skills set.
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions
- Ability to prioritize and work independently under pressure within a team environment
- Ability to use strong judgmental skills to identify and resolve complex problems whilst managing ambiguity, adhering to timelines and ensuring high quality of output.
- Ability to filter and prioritize multiple demands, resolve conflicts, and develop consensus
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong focus on customer-centricity
- Good understanding of the Group and the CMB business, including products, services, systems & processes preferably gained through experience in front line roles
- Leadership, management and coaching skills
Job Field : Project Management
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 29-Nov-2016, 16:26:51 Unposting Date : 07-Dec-2016, 02:59:00
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: