Senior Manager Channel Opt Digital : 00007CL2
Employment Type: Regular
This position is responsible for identifying Sales and service migration opportunities through an in-depth understanding of customer activity through all channels and initiates potential solutions based on specific and controllable metrics that deliver against Direct KPIs. Champions changes to processes that optimize sales processes focused on closing sales and opening accounts through customer insight and increased customer value by; delivering the right products to the right customers at the right stage of the interaction; by keeping Direct sales simple encouraging customer engagement; by capturing and understanding MI to increase future sales and service transaction migration success; and by instituting simplified/standard sales processes through the Direct Channels. Provides expert knowledge and information to inform decisions to drive increased sales and self-service transactions through Direct Channels.
Impact on the Business
- Directly responsible for monitoring all Direct KPIs to ensure targets are being achieved and continuously recommends actions through a complete understanding of Direct Channel MI and web metrics and a thorough understanding of Customer buying and servicing behaviors through Direct Channels.
- Works closely with Group Sales teams to ensure consistent and best practice approach to sales through Direct channels.
- In coordination with CVM and Marketing, responsible for developing and implementing an annual calendar of Individual Solutions offers that are designed and implemented on a continuous cycle driving Direct sales results. Responsible for tracking results and modifying where applicable to optimize results.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Works closely with Direct Channels management team to monitor, identify and make recommendations to improve sales or service volumes across channels.
- With Marketing optimize all Channel content, web metrics and implementations, working closely with internal and external designers to maximize customer satisfaction while driving increased sales and service migration to automated channels.
Leadership & Teamwork
- With the Head of Direct, builds and communicates the company Vision including key strategic priorities and goals
- Understands and influences the needs of others through listening and probing; demonstrates a partnership approach to problem solving; offers solutions; proactively anticipates, identifies, highlights and corrects potential gaps in sales processes, process or service delivery. Given fast pace of environment, must be able to deal with issues quickly while ensuring the risks of the company is mitigated.
- Partners with Channel Management, Technology, Operations, Finance and other internal and external departments in order to provide streamlined processes and services. Provides leadership and resources where required to facilitate the full analysis, requirements gathering and testing of initiatives.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Regardless of project origination and/or sponsorship, provides or is responsible for ensuring that subject matter expertise is available in the design and implementation / integration of any HSBC Bank Canada or Global projects that impact electronic channels, adhering to compliance and regulatory standards.
- Will work with legal, compliance and Fraud/Risk, to design and monitor new sales and service migration processes that reduce risk of operational losses on Channels.
- Responsible for overall sales and service migration performance ensuring all KPIs are within expectations. With HTS ensure proper monitoring is in place to meet customer expectations and any issues are managed promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Challenge status quo, and identify significant Sales and Service opportunities to drive revenue and manage cost, not just incremental change.
- With CVM maintain a close connection between market trends/client needs to design and implement product/channel delivery and business strategy that is continuously optimizing results with focus on increasing sales, leads or service migration activity.
- Planning, governance and communication – ensure strategic initiatives deployed are consistently deployed across all distribution channels if appropriate.
- The Senior Channel Manager II is located within HSBC Bank Canada, Direct.
- Day-to-day internal working relationships are with:
- Business units – ensuring controls are in place, adequate and protect the business, tracking and remediation of issues.
- HTS/Service Delivery – ensuring proper communication and providing input into process changes, risk initiatives, and acting as the business representative for RBWM
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Eight years+ progressively responsible experience with emphasis on sales in a Digital environment, closely collaborating with marketing, CVM (analytics), Channel Implementation.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognized tertiary institute or equivalent experience in business, marketing or related field is required. Wider Group experience is a definite advantage
- Strong strategic planning, analytical, organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills are a must; strong cognitive skills; an understanding of the strategic goals of the PFS segment and where the direct bank fits in delivering these goals
- Proven strong inter-personal and influencing skills that demonstrate an ability to build consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders; strong management, negotiation networking skills to be able to work in a complex environment where matrix management and competing priorities are a reality to deal with each day. The person must be a strong manager of people, an organizational team player able to build a cohesive team that fosters high performance and a strong customer focus.
- Position requires much interaction with senior management within HBCA. The position requires therefore the ability to work to ensure that solutions proposed and agreements reached with stakeholders well articulate the direct agenda and drive required results. A high degree of tact and diplomacy is therefore required to work at this level
- Individual must be a well-rounded individual capable of handling many competing demands. He/ she must have a proven track record in developing direct sales and service journeys and in using direct to drive sales/process efficiencies in an effort to deliver competitive advantage for the Bank
- Individual must operate in a fast paced environment, is a self-starter, is highly motivated to excel, welcomes stretched targets and accountability for meeting them and is proactive in delivering superior online products and service for our customers
Job Field : Retail / Branch Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 16-Dec-2016, 13:24:06 Unposting Date : 15-Jan-2017, 23:59:00