- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Social Worker (Msw) – Penticton Regional Hospital
Social Worker (Msw) – Penticton Regional Hospital
|Date||January 13, 2021|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Job title :SOCIAL WORKER (MSW) – PENTICTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Penticton Regional Hospital has an opportunity for a Master’s Level Social Worker to join our team on a casual basis. This position will work in multiple practise areas including Acute, Home Health, Long Term Care, and Inpatient Psychiatry as needed.
The Social Worker provides comprehensive therapeutic clinical counselling services to patients and families in the assigned clinical specialty area. Other responsibilities include:
- Conducts comprehensive social work and psycho-social assessments of patients and families using a variety of modalities and in accordance with professional standards and clinical policies and practices and educates and provides consultation to patient, families and healthcare professionals.
- Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in care planning for the effective utilization of patient resources and participates as a member of local committees and planning bodies to identify areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to enhance patient care services and reduce gaps in the community.
- Develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups and initiates, develops and carries out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Shifts are scheduled on an as-needed basis between Monday to Friday with possible weekend coverage from 08:00 to 16:00 and 09:00 to 17:00.
Excellent benefits! Opportunity to maximize your skills! An organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply today!
Community Profile: We live where people come for holidays! With one of the best year-round climates in Canada it’s easy to enjoy our two beautiful lakes, acres of parks, and wilderness trails on the local mountains. Penticton’s population is approximately 33,000 and offers the amenities of a big city with a small town charm. We also have world class wineries, award-winning restaurants, craft brew pubs, local foods markets, festivals, concerts and ski areas. There is more time to enjoy life here because everything we do is close by. Leave the rat race behind and instead enjoy spending time with family and friends, at the beaches, shopping downtown and going to the markets for amazing local wine and foods.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Masters Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to [email protected] to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: