Sr CC Sales Service Rep : 00008MRP
Employment Type: Regular
Handling customer contacts in a contact center environment typically on multiple products and or propositions. Provides high quality service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact where possible. Listens to the customer and establishes needs to offer relevant products. Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution. Responsible for achieving individual Key Performance Indicators whilst maintaining quality and compliance.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Performs a variety of sales and service activities to all customers with the primary focus on Advance and Premier customers through the phone or internet channel. .
- Proactively develops new client business through team portfolio management, which includes solicitation of client referrals and promotion of products and service offerings across multiple distribution channels based on the customer needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to area of specialty.
- Ensures compliance, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
- Provide basic operational support to the business as required.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Anticipate and understand customer needs in order to provide advanced sales and customer service and complete transactions with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Act as second level escalation for handling more complex customer inquiries.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to promote products and expand customer relationships.
- Exceed customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism.
- Ensure work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Provides excellent customer service to complex customer calls by keeping up to date on training and internal communications
- Certified to handle multiple propositions (i.e. Advance, Premier, Insurance) or multiple products (i.e. Loans, Mortgage, Core Banking, Cards)
- Generates customer loyalty through strong knowledge of key products and services
- Owns and resolves issues and understands how and when to escalate
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work as part of an integrated branch and multi channel team proactively supporting colleagues within the Contact Centre and the branch network. .
- Position actively participates and assists with all Bank promotional programs, sales targets and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participates in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge, cross selling skills and relationship management skills.
- Actively refers customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate Group capabilities.
- Acts as a role model for our Group Values and behaviors (Open, Connected, Dependable), supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values.
- Values diversity amongst team
- Acts a as mentor to assist new joiners as required
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centers
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centers
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Changing performance parameters (e.g. Scorecard changes)
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact
The role operates within a RBWM Contact Centre and interacts with HSBC local and international customers, the post holder must have the ability to deal with different process, different countries, where applicable, and different customer attitudes and requests on a daily basis
- Work is moderately complex and specialized in nature and involves mostly straightforward challenges.
- Work is performed under general direction according to set parameters and set sales / performance targets.
- Requires initiative and independent judgment in completing work but supervisor provides direction for unfamiliar situations.
- Work is reviewed for attainment of standards, achievement of targets, adherence to policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Decisions impact the productivity / performance of the functional area, customers and other employees
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
- May be required to travel within region to backfill sales responsibilities.
- Supervisor Level 2
- Cash In: 0
- Cash Out: 0
- Transfer Limit: 2,000,000
- Clearing Limit: 2,000,000
- Officer Approval for Overlimit Account: 100,000
- Note: Cheq/withdrawals and Deposits limits subject to Letter of Authority and will not exceed those listed here
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators (see HR FIM section 3.7 and GCL 050044 on Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Controls. Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external regulators. To implement the Group Compliance Policy as applicable to your role in conjunction with the relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply within the country you reside and in relation to the countries migrating work to assigned GSC.
- To continually re-access the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
- Secondary school graduation.
- At least 2 years of experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires Completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; or Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Completion of HSBC Way of Selling.
- Completion of basic HSBC Premier training.
- Career minded team player.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- University / College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures within own area.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Competent in conflict resolution.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
Job Field : Retail / Branch Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 31-Jan-2017, 17:16:20 Unposting Date : 02-Mar-2017, 23:59:00