Sr. Risk Services Representative, Property
Experienced Property Risk Services representative; knowledge of insurance risk control programs.
The successful candidate will be both an Account Engineer and Field Engineer managing multiple accounts. They will be responsible to work with our underwriting partners to manage Zurich’s portfolio risk quality, support selected customer risk control programs, coordinate and conduct site risk assessments, develop account analysis and coordinate stewardship meetings, following Zurich global technical standards as well as recognized national/international codes.
Contribute to the Risk Services team through development of technical papers; participating in subject matter expert groups, mentoring junior engineers; shared knowledge.
• Bachelors Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
• Fire Protection College Diploma or equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Insurance Risk Control area
• Previous experience conducting/coordinating site risk assessments and managing accounts
• Knowledgeable of complex risks (manufacturing, pulp and paper, steel and aluminum, forestry, energy, chemical, etc.)
• Experience with applicable codes and standards (NFPA, FM, National/Provincial Fire Codes, etc.)
• Active management of risk improvement actions to help improve the risk profile of a customer
• Proficient presentation skills (small & large groups; internal and external)
• Self-sufficient with time management skills; ability to work with KPIs; self-disciplined to working remotely with minimal supervision
• Expert knowledge of exposures, controls and best practice risk improvement
• High level customer management skills set
• Previous experience conducting Machinery Breakdown risk assessments is a strong asset
• Bilingual is a strong asset
• Capable of national travel (as necessary) – 25%+
• Ability to work within a national team; assisting colleagues; sharing knowledge; engaged participation in projects
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future
for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.