Job Requisition ID: 282332
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V7L 1A7
Category: BUILD OPERATE MAINTAIN (PLANT OPNS)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day
The Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing, and distributing grains and oilseeds, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe!
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full Time – Temporary
- Perform housekeeping duties in a designated area on site: including sweeping and shoveling products and grain dust into mobile equipment.
- Performing facility operations such as receiving and shipping products, seed, and grain.
- Knowledge and adherence to federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other plant personnel as needed and will perform any other duty as requested by the production supervisor
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, may be required to lift up to 50lbs occasionally, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Must be able to work in various weather industrial settings
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays with advance notice
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.