BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
BC Timber Sales
Dawson Creek, BC
Salary $72,000 – $100,000 annually
The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations is responsible for stewardship of Provincial Crown land and natural resources, and protection of B.C.’s archaeological and heritage resources.
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is an autonomous organization within the Ministry of Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, with financial and operational independence from regional and district operations. BCTS plans, develops, and auctions a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS is responsible for providing a credible reference point for costs and pricing of timber harvested from public land in British Columbia. The vision of BC Timber Sales is to be an effective timber marketer generating wealth through sustainable resource management.
The Woodlands Manager is responsible for directing and operating a Business Area (BA). The Woodlands Manager identifies the necessary resources for the achievement of operational objectives, and issues and administers Timber Sale Licenses (TSLs), and manages and monitors operations until free growing state is reached. The Woodlands Manager is responsible for implementing forestry and business practices reflective of the private sector to provide benchmark information for provincial timber pricing. The Woodlands Manager is ensures resource management practices are performed and evaluated in accordance with operational and higher-level land use plans, legislative requirements and forestry certification standards.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in a field related to Forestry or Resource Management and 5 years of current program and related forestry experience or more than 10 years of operational forestry experience.
- Experience developing, managing and delivering resource management programs.
- Experience in a senior management capacity including business and organizational planning.
- Experience dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues and with developing policy, procedures and corporate practices.
- Experience leading and coaching diverse teams
- Experience in strategic business planning, procurement and financial management.
- Must possess valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Travel is a requirement for this position.
For more information and to apply by February 17, 2017, please go to: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=38814
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.