I·SPARC is pleased to announce the launch of the RISE Organizational Grants
Traditional Territory of the Cowichan peoples / Duncan, B.C. (January 16, 2023) – In collaboration with the Province of British Columbia, the Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Council (I·SPARC) is pleased to announce the launch of the RISE Organizational Grants. This Grant has been developed to provide support for communities and not-for-profit organizations delivering programming targeted to increase participation in sport, physical activity, recreation, and cultural activities for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Children and Youth in Care who often face unique barriers to participation.
Organizations are eligible to apply for a grant up to $10,000.
Examples of eligible organizations are, but not limited to:
- First Nations/Bands, Métis Chartered Communities, Aboriginal Friendship Centres, or other community organizations
- Not-for-profit clubs and associations that directly deliver organized sport, physical activity, recreation, or cultural programs in their community
- Municipalities, recreation centres
- Schools (K-12)
I·SPARC will only approve ONE application per organization per year and does not provide multi-year funding.
- Applications will only be accepted online
- Applications must be fully completed including the submission of a program budget and program plan
Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with the purpose of the RISE Grant and anticipated use of funds.
- Ability to complete the program and meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a commitment to increase access and opportunities for Children and Youth in Care.
- Provides evidence that the program is not solely dependent on RISE Grant funding to deliver the program.
- Demonstrates longer term sustainability of the program and community impact.
The deadline to submit applications is Tuesday, February 13, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (PST).
To find out more about the RISE Grant for Organizations, visit https://isparc.ca/grants-recognition/rise-grants-organizations/
Online Application Form: https://isparc.ca/grants-recognition/rise-grants-organizations/apply-for-rise-grants-organization/
For any questions on the program or to seek assistance with your application, please contact:
Lena Russ RISE Grant Manager [email protected]
About the Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (I·SPARC) The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (I·SPARC) is a provincial organization established with the purpose of improving the health outcomes of Indigenous peoples by supporting and encouraging physically active individuals, families, and communities. The programs and services delivered by I·SPARC are designed to build capacity and increase access to sport, recreation, and physical activity in First Nations communities, Métis Chartered Communities, Aboriginal Friendship Centres, schools, and other delivery agencies throughout British Columbia. For more information, please visit: www.isparc.ca.