The BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres Membership elected a new Board of Directors at the 2018 Annual General Meeting
The BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres Membership elected a new Board of Directors at the 2018 Annual General Meeting. The AGM was hosted by Lilloet Friendship Centre Society in Whistler July 5-7th, 2018.
The BCAAFC is pleased to announce the new Board of Directors:
- President: Dr. Sharon McIvor, Conayt Friendship Society, Merrit
- Vice President: Joanne Mills, Fraser Region Aboriginal Centre, Surrey
- Secretary: Calvin Albright, Kermode Friendship Centre, Terrace
- Treasurer: Victor Tom, Kamloops Aboriginal Friendship Society
- Youth rep: Shyla Elgie, Prince George
- Mathew Baran, Ooknakane Friendship Centre, Penticton
- Richard Samuel, Port Alberni Friendship Centre
- Keri Hutchison, Victoria Native Friendship Centre
- Fabian Alexis, North Okanagan Friendship Centre, Vernon
- Debbie Williams, Hii ye yu Lelum Society House of Friendship, Duncan
- Elijah Mack, Conayt Friendship Society, Merritt
On behalf of the BCAAFC President, members and staff, we extend a warm welcome to the new Board of Directors.
The newly elected Board of Directors extends their appreciation and gratitude to the previous board for their commitment and dedication, and raises their hands in the Coast Salish way in high respect of the previous President, Annette Morgan, Dze L’ Kant Friendship Centre, for her commitment and leadership over the past seven years.
Always in friendship,