TIABC Appoints Four New Board Members
MAY 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC – At the Association’s AGM held Thursday May 7th in Richmond, BC, four new tourism industry representatives were elected by the members to join the Board of the Tourism Industry Association of BC.
Paula Amos, Tony Munday, Paul Nursey and Bruce Okabe, and will join the existing nine board members to form the full complement of the 13 -member TIABC Board of Directors. Jim Humphrey moves from his role as Vice-Chair to Chair. Christine Willow has become Past-Chair and David MacKenzie has been re-elected as a Director.
“I am very pleased with the renewed interest the industry had in joining our TIABC board elections this year”, says Jim Humphrey, Chair. “We are pleased to welcome our new board members who bring diverse industry backgrounds to our organization. We look forward to further growth and success for our organization in the coming year.”
Other highlights of the AGM included:
- Confirmation from the Board that contract negotiations are in place with a new CEO and an announcement is expected next week.
- Encouraging updates from the organization regarding a significant increase in membership numbers over last year and plan for continued growth and member engagement.
- Updates from each of the TIABC Committees (Membership & Communications, Policy Development, Governance, and Finance & Audit) regarding the successful work accomplished over the past year and the plans for 2015/16.
- Members and non-members recognized the work of the past CEO, Ian Robertson and thanked him for his dedication to the organization and the tourism industry. “Ian’s contribution to the success of TIABC’s growth over the past year has been significant and he will be missed,” said Jim Humphrey. “Fortunately Ian remains involved in the tourism industry as the CEO of the Greater Victoria Harbour Authority.”
- Attendees enjoyed presentations by candidates from the New Democratic, Liberal and Green Party of Canada. The support of tourism by each candidate, and the willingness to learn and collaborate with TIABC was appreciated.
Bios of the new Board members can be found on TIABC’s website at www.tiabc.ca/board-of-directors
Jim Humphrey, Chair 250-732-4889 firstname.lastname@example.org